Buhari to declare open the Nigerian Army Small Arms Championship in Sambisa forest

0
311

President Buhari will be at Sambisa forest which was recently cleared of terrorist by the Nigerian army

The President will be in the forest to declare the Nigeria Army Small Arms Championship open

The Chief of Training and Operations, Nigerian Army, Major General David Amadu made the announcement on Friday 

We have gathered that President Muhammadu Buhari will visit former Boko Haram stronghold, Sambisa forest on Monday, March 28 to to declare open the Nigerian Army Small Arms Championship, NASAC 2017.

The Chief of Training and Operations of the Nigerian Army, Major General David Amadu made this announcement in Maiduguri on Friday, Punch reports.

The dreadful forest which was the stronghold of Boko Haram terrorist was captured by the Nigerian army in December 2016.

The president will be accompanied by the Minister of Defense, Alhaji Mansur Ali and Service Chiefs, Chief of Defense Staff, General Gabriel Olanisakin, Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Abubakar Sadique and Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Obet Ebas.

Amadu also said the championship which will end on Friday, March 31st has lined up a chain of activities which would include medical outreach to Bama, Konduga, and Magumeri IDPs camps, educational training for Army Education Corps in Maiduguri , security awareness meetings with the traditional rulers and distribution of relief materials to IDPs within Maiduguri and surrounding towns.

Recall that the Nigerian army announced that it has captured Sambisa, the Boko Haram stronghold in December 2016 and military activities have been going on in the forest since then.

Meanwhile, We  reported earlier that the Nigerian army troops on Operation Lafiya Dole have discovered an Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) factory in Borno state.

The troops alongside some members of the Civilian Joint Task Force destroyed the bomb factory after they had engaged and neutralised some Boko Haram members.

This was according to a statement by army spokesperson, Brigadier-General Sani Kukasheka Usman, he said the operation was carried out on Thursday, March 23.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here