Fire Raises Accounts Sections Of Ebonyi Government House

1
283

The accounts section of the Ebonyi Government House was on Friday, March 31, 2017 gutted by fire which disrupted activities within the complex.

No life was reported lost in the fire which started around 9 a.m.

Kenneth Ugbala, a security aide to Governor David Umahi on Internal Security, told the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, that it took the combined efforts of workers and the State Fire Service to put out the fire.

“The fire outbreak was caused by a faulty electrical connection within the accounts section and the level of damage was minimal,” Dr. Ugbala said.

“An upholstery and cottons within the section were completely burnt and we would ascertain the true extent of damage when the fire service concludes its task.”

An eyewitness, who spoke under the condition of anonymity, told NAN that the fire started with a thick fume emanating from the accounts section.

“The shouts for help attracted workers who used improvised items such as water and detergent to put out the fire before the arrival of firemen,” she said.

Mr James Owoh, the state’s chief fire officer, said that his officers promptly responded to the distress call from the Government House.

“We have always been responsive to distress calls and Government House officials acknowledged that the situation was promptly put under control,” Owoh said. (Chukwuemeka Opara/NAN)

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here