Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo has inaugurated a 22-member council for Nigeria’s Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
The Vice President is the chairman of the council and he held a photo session with those selected
The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) will stimulate, monitor and coordinate the development of the MSMEs
On Tuesday, April 25, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo inaugurated a 22-member council for Nigeria’s Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
The ceremony which was held at the State House, Abuja, involved a photo session with members of the council which is called: Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN).
According to a statement by Laolu Akande, the spokesperson for the vice president, below is the full list of those selected to be on the council:
- Honourable Minister of Industry Trade and Investment.
- Honourable Minister of State Industry, Trade and Investment
- Honourable Minister of Finance
- Honourable Minister of Mines and Steel Development
- Honourable Minister of Youth Development
- Honourable Minister of Communications
- Honourable Minister of Budget and National Planning
- Honourable Minister of Water Resources
- Honourable Minister of Power, Works and Housing
- Honourable Minister of Science and Tech.
- Honourable Minister of Agriculture
- Honourable Minister of Women Affairs
- Honourable Minister of Information
- Honourable Minister of State Ministry of Budget and National Planning
- CBN Governor
- The Chairman, Nigerian Governors Forum
- Economic Adviser to the President
- SA on MSMEs to the Vice President
- President MAN
- President NASME
- Director General SMEDAN
- The Vice President is the chairman of the Council
This will also include initiating and articulating policy ideas for small and medium enterprises growth and development; promoting and facilitating development programmes, instruments and support services to accelerate the development and modernization of MSME operations.
According to Premium Times, the agency also serves to help rural industrialization, poverty reduction, job creation and enhanced livelihoods, and links MSMEs to internal and external sources of finance, appropriate technology, technical skills as well as to large enterprises.
It will also improve access to industrial infrastructures such as layouts, incubators, industrial parks for small businesses in the country.
Meanwhile, Reno Omokri, the former special adviser to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on electronic media, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to hand over to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
Omokri’s advice comes hours after report filtered in that President Buhari, failed to attend the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting for the third time in three weeks.