Federal Ministry of Health 2017 Tobacco-Free Nigeria Advocacy Programme Application
The Federal Ministry of Health in collaboration with Gatefield Impact wish to announce the 2017 Tobacco Free Nigeria Advocacy Champion Challenge. Individuals between the age of 18 — 35 are encouraged to apply. The instructions are as follows:
- Talk to Owner/Manager/Supervisor of a public space or spaces (listed below) about the Nigerian Tobacco Control Act 2015 Smoke Free provisions to be implemented.
- Take photograph/videos(s) showing you advocacy or results — include the name of the public space. Feel free to hold a placard and take pictures with the person or company you advocated to. Ensure to use the hashtag #ClearTheAir as you post. (Instagram and Twitter users should also mention @tobaccofreeng)
- Complete this short form
Public spaces include restaurant/bars, workplaces, recreational parks, playgrounds, plazas, motor parks, education/child care facility, and health facility.
- 1st: $300 award for personal/community development
- 2nd: $200 award for personal/community development
- 3rd: $100 award for personal/community development
*An honorable mention will be given to all other relevant submissions as well as published into the campaign blog/booklet. Other prizes may apply.
For more information, visit The Federal Ministry of Health Tobacco-Free Nigeria Advocacy Web Page
Application Deadline: July 21st, 2017. Winners will be announced 1st August, 2017.