United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment for Graduates 2017 | WFP Application Guide and Requirements.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- This job is found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ), and typically report to a more senior HR Officer, Regional/Country Director or the designate.
- Job holders operate with minimal supervision, and provide guidance to junior staff to ensure that operational and project objectives are achieved.
- They are heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work. Job holders provide advice on low complex issues, applying HR rules, regulations and expertise in making determinations and recommendations across a range of activities.
- To deliver a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
- Other as required.
4Ps Core Organizational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Experience: Typically three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Broad or specialised knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client oriented service. Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications must be submitted online, and in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th July, 2017.