Medecins Sans Frontieres Recruitment 2017 | MSF Application Guide and Requirements.
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Medical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
Main Objective of the Position
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaboration with the rest of the medical team regarding current medical strategy and activities in place;
- Co/Supervision and participation in service training of medical staff
- Assistance in data collection related to future medical strategy;
- Participates in management of workplace accidents (accidental exposure to blood, etc.) in collaboration with PMR;
- Responsible, in collaboration with the PMR, for the circuit and follow-up of national staff health;
- Collaborate in monitoring of current activities and availability of needed materials
- Ensure respect of MSF protocols and guidelines by all members of the medical team
- Initial consultation, prescriptions, and, if needed, referral to appropriate structures
- Follow-up and record keeping, while respecting confidentiality
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Medical Doctor degree with registration in the Medical and Dental Council in Nigeria
- Experience: Completed internship
- Languages: English and Igbo
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (MS Word, Excel)
- People Management
- Team work
- Obosi/ Onitsha/ Okpoko
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs, Cover letter, copies of qualifications, proof of medical registration to MSF House 43, Little Woods Estate, 03051 Obosi (“Application Box” at the gate)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: Msfocb-onitsha-AdminFin@brussels.msf.org
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date. No late applications will be accepted.
NB: only successful applicants will be contacted.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.