Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) Recruitment 2017 | How to Apply for WEWE Recruitment – www.weweng.org
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) Recruitment 2017 – In this article you will get latest updates on Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) 2017 recruitment requirements, guidelines and other important updates for free.
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project – Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels.
We seek applications from qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Improvement Coordinator / State Team Leader
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Imo, Anambra
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and leadership to the state level program
- Provide ongoing support supervision to the Direct Implementation Teams (DIs) and Implementing Agencies (IAs) in the State
- Model and promote capacity building practices among all staff and partners and ensure junior staff are supported and able to fully realize and develop potential through supportive supervision and leading by example
- Ensure eligible children and households are enrolled into the WEWE-LOPIN 2 Program
- Provide mentoring and supportive supervision to the Improvement Managers and Officers
- Support IAs in the setting up of Community Improvement Teams (formation and inauguration)
- Supervise Implementing Agencies/Direct Implementation Teams in the setting up of kids/youth/caregivers club
- Supervise IAs/DIS to set up Village Savings and Loans Groups in the communities
- Conduct site visits to ascertain the quality of service being provided at the quality level
- Support DIs and IAs to set a strong referral system
- Act as a Focal person/Help Desk Officer between the IAs and WEWE by ensuring mutual understanding and compliance of what is agreed in the scope of work and sub agreements
- Ensure that implementation/service delivery is in compliance with National and USAID standards
- Track progress by comparing activities versus implementation plans and budget
- Facilitate the set up/strengthening of OVC Technical Working Group in the state
- Support the DIs and IAs to facilitate the graduation of households (HHs) from the program
- Monitor and supervise the administration of Household Economic Strengthening Assessment forms on enrolled households
- Ensure graduation-targeted interventions are on track and jointly make midstream adjustments with senior colleaguesEstablish and maintain effective relationships with USG implementing partners, Government Ministries, Agencies and Departments and other key stakeholders in the State
- Coordinate the activities of WEWE with the Government of Nigeria at the State level including but not limited to State Ministry of Women Affairs, Ministry of Health, National Population Commission, State Action Control on AIDS
- Represent WEWE in coordination and cluster meetings and provide progress updates and reports
- Maintain a database of key stakeholder contact information.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Public Health, Social work, Community Development Studies or any in Social Science/related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in community development work preferably in the field of OVC.
- Knowledge of quality improvement approaches is strongly desired.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience working with other implementing partners
- Good analytical skills.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
- Familiarity with the State and its environs is an added advantage.
- A first class or Second Class Upper Credit is an added advantage
How to Apply for Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum and cover letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com indicate the title of position and location applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails addresses and mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions are on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.