ECOWAS Parliament was established by the ECOWAS Revised Treaty of 1993 as one of the Institutions of the Community. The Parliament is the Assembly of the peoples of the Community.
The Administrative Secretariat of the Parliament is headed by a Secretary-General, and consists of two Directorates: the Directorate of Administration and Finance, and the Directorate of Parliamentary Affairs and Research. A number of job vacancies exist at the ECOWAS Parliament for which applications are hereby invited.
Application is on-line, and application forms as well as guidelines for application are all available on the websites. Click on the vacant position to see all details concerning it.
POSITION TITLE: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT .
GRADE/STEP: G4-1 DURATION: CONTRACT DUTY STATION: HEAD OFFICE, ABUJA SUPERVISOR: ACCOUNTANT SUPERVISING: NIL
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: To assist the Accountant in managing the financial resources of the Parliament in accordance with accounting principles and the financial regulations of the Community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the Accountant, the Accounting Assistant performs the following functions:
- Serves as a middle level reviewer in the create-review-approve process.
- Reviews and analyses payments, accounting and reconciliation process.
- Performs the role of Bank and Cash, Bank Reconciliation and General Ledger accounts analysis.
- A minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics is required.