African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship 2018 | ALT Application Guide and Requirements.
African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship 2018…. The African Leaders of Tomorrow (ALT) Scholarship Program commemorates the late Nelson Mandela’s commitment to social justice and equity.
African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship 2018
It supports young African professionals to become leaders in public policy and administration.
The ALT Scholarship Has Two components:
An Academic Component In Which The Scholars Will:
- Complete a one to two year Master’s level program in public administration, public policy or public finance at a Canadian university
A Professional Development Component In Which The Scholars Will:
- Put together a comprehensive professional development plan;
- Develop a case study focusing on their home country;
- Be mentored by a Canadian expert;
- Participate in webinars and networking events
The ALT Scholarship Includes:
- Return airfare (at the beginning and at the end of the program)
- Tuition fees
- Monthly living allowances and settling-in allowance
- Fixed allowance to cover purchase of books and attend conferences in Canada
- Health insurance coverage
- Fees for study permit
The ALT Scholarship Program grants full scholarships based on merit to women and men from sub-Saharan Africa to pursue a Master’s degree in public administration, public policy or public finances in Canada.
You Must Meet ALL The Requirements To Be Eligible:
- Be a citizen AND resident of sub-Saharan Africa;
- Be between 22 and 35 years old (at the beginning of the study program);
- Have completed a university degree meeting the minimum academic requirements for admission into a Master’s degree in Canada (a minimum average of B [75%] – check equivalencies on the right handside of this page);
- Have a minimum of two years and a maximum of five years of full-time work experience in the public sector, civil society sector or a research institute in Africa;
- Meet the language requirements in French and/or English at the university where you will study;
- Meet all the academic and admission requirements of the study program of choice
You Are Not Eligible If:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or you have applied for permanent residency in Canada.
- You are already enrolled in a degree or any program of study at a Canadian university.
- You are currently employed by the Government of Canada.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply