Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Kajiado County Public Service Board wishes to invite applications from qualified, results oriented and self motivated Kenyans for appointment to the following positions:
2. DIRECTOR PUBLIC SERVICE & CITIZEN PARTICIPATION (1 POST) – KCPSB/2017/DPSCP/018
Terms of Service: Three (3) Contract Renewable on Satisfactory Performance Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC) The Director Public Service & Citizen Participation will be responsible for the County’s Human Resources: policy, planning, establishment, management, training and development, and will report to the Chief Officer Public Service Administration and Citizen Participation and also a Member of the Governor’s Delivery Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advice the County Executive on Human Resource policy, planning, establishment, management, training and development in compliance to legal and regulatory requirements in close consultation with the County Public Service Board;
• Prepare county Human Resource strategic and operational plans and ensure that all necessary systems, tools and processes are in place to meet the short and long-term goals and objectives of the County;
• Provide effective technical leadership for the Human Resource function and manage the overall provision of Human Resource services in the County;
• Establish performance planning, management and improvement systems;
• Ensure staff performance planning and evaluation is done regularly in liaison with other departmental directors and supervisors;
• Ensure that all appointments, promotions, retirements and other Human Resource functions are in compliance to regulatory concerns;
• Ensure employee orientation, employee development and training are conducted in line with the public service policy and regulations;
• Lead Human Resource policy review, development and documentation;
• Provide regular Human Resource updates and communications to County employees;
• Direct the compensation and benefits function of the County Human Resource;
• Assigns the authority/responsibility of Human Resources managers within the Human Resource department;
• Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business or Public Administration from a recognized university in Kenya;
• Master’s Degree in the same or related field will be an added advantage;
• Not less than eight (8) years’ of professional experience in Human Resource management; • Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, organizational planning & development, employee relations, safety and training & capacity development;
• Excellent in oral and written communication skills and public speaking;
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the senior County management and leadership;
• Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Applicants are required to get clearance from the following institutions to meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya:
• Criminal Investigations Department (CID);
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and clearance certificates. Indicate the position and reference applied for on the envelope and address to:
KAJIADO COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 664 – 01100