Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Customer Relations Officer
- To effectively coordinate the distribution of IBEDC’s customer bills and facilitate revenue collection.
- Meter reading and management of meter reading books
- Handling of service connection like application
- Detecting illegal service connection
- Pursuing the collection of bad debts
- Disconnection/ reconnection
- Explaining estimated billings
- Explaining sensitive issues such as tariff changes
- Reporting faulty/ defective meters
- Legalizing non-registered consumers
- Disseminating load shedding schedules
- Other commercial functions
- Embarks on field trips to read customer meters for capture on approved billing/reading sheets and liaises with relevant departments to generate customer bills
- Distributes customer bills within required timeframe – ensures timely and effective distribution of customer bills
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Identifies prospective customers (unregistered customers, new businesses, etc.) and ensures they are adequately captured in the customer database
- Attends to customer queries/complaints on the field and escalates to proper channels to ensure such complaints are captured and addressed accordingly
- Assist in meeting revenue targets for Business hubs – participates in revenue collection activities according to company policies and stipulated regulations to meet set revenue targets
- Escalates revenue leakage issues to the relevant departments when identified e.g. illegal connections, tampering of meters, etc.
- Keeps abreast of market trends and supplies management with insights on customer needs, problems, interests and innovative ways for service delivery
- Get customers both old and new on metering including the CAPMI scheme.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good Bachelor/OND or equivalent in any field. Social Sciences, Arts, Administration is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a marketing role (esp. field based distribution)
- Understanding of the business of IBEDC and related businesses in the electricity sector
- Strong Customer Relation Management skills
- Knowledge of billing/collection practices, procedures
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and relevant billing applications utilized by IBEDC
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, persuasion, negotiation and communications skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills with the proven ability to pay attention to detail.
- Goal Oriented.
Job Title: Performance Analyst
- Identify areas of improvements and concerns in business operational areas and provide appropriate action plans.
- Develop and implement performance metrics to improve business operational efficiency
- Daily collation, analysis and circulation of Collection data
- Update of IBEDC Commercial performance database
- Assist in coordinating quarterly, monthly or weekly performance review meetings
- Liaise with field personnel and other departments for collation of routine and ad-hoc reports.
- Render technical support to branch hub managers and other commercial personnel to drive business development by communicating key insights and findings
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Preparation and in-depth analysis of weekly and monthly performance reports for IBEDC and its various regions and hubs
- Stand in for your line supervisor in meetings and other events
- Any other assignment assigned by your line supervisor and the departmental head.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field from a recognized institution
- At least 3 – 5 years post NYSC experience in Analytics or performance Metrics.
- A working knowledge of electrical engineering will be an advantage
- Ability to relate with senior level management with ease
- Display strong initiatives and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and occasional long hours
- Solid and demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite skills especially in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- A sound analytical mind with the ability to grasp the greater picture with ease Sound presentation skill
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions will be an advantage.