The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role of ensuring the coordination of AU programmes in Education and Human Resource Development; Science, Technology and Innovation; and Youth empowerment.
The Department provides technical support to Member states in the development and implementatipn of policies and programmes towards harmonization, intra-African collaboration and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields, as contribution to the attainment of the AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity of Africa.
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students study in China in the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
Eligibility Requirements for the Chinese Government African Union Scholarships for African Students
- The Scholarships are open to all qualified African Nationals who meet the admission requirements set forth below.
- Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply
Admission Requirement For Chinese Government African Union Scholarships For African Students
- Candidates applying for Masters’ programmes must satisfy the following requirements:
- Undegraduate degree from a recognized university, with good result or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Maximum of 32 years.
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written or oral examination after pre-selection
Chinese Government African Union Scholarships for African Students – Application Procedure
- Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation and how the qualification will enable you to serve the continent
Number of awards
It will cover the entire duration of the scholarships
The scholarship will cover the cost related to teaching and the administration of the university and the living expenses of the students from the fund of the foreign aid, supervising thesis.
The cost related to teaching includes tuition, teaching materials, field trips and study tours. The basic living expenses include the accommodation, living allowances, the one-time settlement fee, and the medical insurance. Of which, the 3000 RMB of settlement fee will be given to the students in one time.
The living allowances (36000 RMB/year for Master students and 42000RMB/year for Doctor students) will be given to the students on a monthly basis. All the other funds will be managed by the university or Chinese
Method of Application
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation and how the qualification will enable you serve the continent.
Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications if any
- Certified copies of relevant Certificates, transcripts and personal details page of national passport (at least 6 months validity)
- Clear, coloured passport photograph (3*4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees, one professional referee
- Health certificate
To Apply : Visit The Application Link Below