SOAS University of London is the only Higher Education institution in Europe specializing in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. Uniquely combining language scholarship, disciplinary expertise, and regional focus, it has the largest concentration in Europe of academic staff concerned with Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
The Centre for African Studies offers 2 Ph.D. scholarships to African nationals as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation has generously provided SOAS with two Ph.D. scholarships per year for African students undertaking a full‐time Ph.D. programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa.
- The scholarship provides for fees for three years and an annual bursary of £16.000 per year.
- The scholarship also covers visa costs, HIS and TB (if undertaken), provided receipts are submitted to the Centre for African Studies office.
Candidates accept the scholarship offer on the basis of the funding conditions.
- Applicants must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub‐Saharan Africa.
- Ph.D. Programme (Full‐time) Research undertaken by scholarship applicants must directly address or be applicable to the issue of Governance in Africa.
- The eligible PhDs are only those within the following departments: Development Studies, Law, Economics, International Relations/Politics, MA African Studies, CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy), EFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies ), Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
Eligible Regions: Sub‐Saharan African countries.
Apply online through the given link.
For more information please visit their official website.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018