Deadline: 7 March 2018 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Sept/Oct 2018
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Any university in the UK
Level/Field(s) of study:
Full-time taught Masters Degree Programme in any subject at any UK university
Number of Awards:
Around 1500 scholarships globally will be offered.
The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
A Chevening Scholarship normally covers university tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel costs to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
• Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
• Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
• Have at least two years’ work experience
• Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
• Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
Applications are currently closed.
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country’s page. Applications close on 7 March 2018 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time).
It is important to visit your individual country page at the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.