National Democratic Institute Recruitment 2017 | NDI Application Guide and Requirements.
National Democratic Institute Recruitment 2017…. National Democratic Institute (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades.
Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring & Evaluation/Program Coordination Officer
- Among other duties, the M&E/Program Coordination Officer will oversee the performance monitoring plans (PMPs) and the program implementation plans (PIPs) of NDI’s Nigeria programs.
- In close collaboration with program staff and senior management, the position holder will provide oversight for program results and reporting, provide technical M&E, conduct analysis of monitoring data, conduct M&E capacity building for local partner organizations, ensure accurate reporting of program milestones, achievements and challenges, coordinate reflection exercises, coordinate program activities within NDI and between NDI and its consortium partners, and provide input to plans and reports submitted to donors and NDI’s regional team in Washington, D.C.
- The position holder will effectively utilize his/her knowledge about program objectives and promised work plan activities, and will listen attentively, in order to provide coordination and articulate feedback in a clear way to staff, consortium partners, and stakeholders.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Program Coordination
- Knowledge sharing and institutional development
- The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Country Director (DCD) and work closely with all program staff and the Chief of Party.
- Currently, the NDI Nigeria Office offers a comprehensive program entitled the Electoral Empowerment for Civil Society Program (EECSP).
- EECSP is implemented by a consortium consisting of four partners: NDI, the Center for Democratic Development-Ghana (CDD-Ghana), World Learning, and Search for Common Ground (SFCG). NDI in Nigeria also currently implements a program entitled Strengthening Women’s Political Representation, otherwise known as the Women in Politics (WiP) Program.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Post-graduate Degree preferred, in a related subject
- Minimum of five years of demonstrable work experience. Experience in electoral or political processes preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent skills at teamwork.
- Proven analytical and listening skills, for interpreting complex program issues and data and innovative thinking. Ability to pose probing and productive questions.
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to identify relevant research areas and lines of inquiry, to inform periodic program reviews, assessments and evaluations
- Ability to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience with USAID’s M&E approaches and requirements, additional experience with DFID’s requirements preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management.
- Salary range is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits and a housing allowance will be provided.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a motivation letter and a CV to: email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and the position could be filled before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, race, sexual orientation or any other personal characteristic.
Application Deadline: 21st September, 2017.