President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reconstitution of the boards of 19 agencies and paratatals under the Federal Ministry of Education for a period of four years
The director of press in the ministry, Mrs Chinenye Ihuoma, made this known in a statement issued on Friday, April 7, in Abuja.
The director of press said the Boards, consisting of the Chairmen and Members, would be inaugurated on a date to be announced soon
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reconstitution of the boards of 19 agencies and paratatals under the Federal Ministry of Education for a period of four years.
Mrs Chinenye Ihuoma, Director of Press in the ministry, made this known in a statement issued and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Abuja.
Ihuoma said the president took into cognizance provisions of the respective legislation with respect to composition, competence, credibility, integrity, federal character and geo-political spread.
Those appointed are :
- Prof. Ayo Banjo, National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Mr Emeka Nwajiuba, Tertiary Education Trust Fund( TETFund)
- Dr Ekaete Okon, National Institute for Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA)
- Dr Mahmud Mohammed, Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC)
- Prof. Zainab Alkali, National Library of Nigeria
- Dr Gidado Akko, National Commission for Mass Literacy, Adult and Non-Formal Education (NMEC)
- Prof. Gidado Tahir, National Commission for Normadic Education (NCNE)
- Prof. Leonard Karshima, National Business and Technical Education (NABTEB)
- Prof. Adamu Baikie Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Maigari Dingyadi, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE)
- Malam Kaka Yale, National Teachers’ Institute (NTI)
- Prof. Buba Bajoga, National Mathematical Centre (NMC)
- Dr. Emmanuel Ndukwe Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- Chief N. N Nnabuchi National Institute of Nigerian Languages (NINLAN)
- Mr Paul Unongo, Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
- Prof. Saliba Mukoro, Nigerian French Language Village (NFLV)
- Prof. Modupe Adelabu, National Board for Technical Education (NBTE)
- Prof. O Oladusi Nigerian Arabic Language Village (NALV)
- Dr Abubakar Saddiq, National Examination Council (NECO)
The director of press said the Boards, consisting of the Chairmen and Members, would be inaugurated on a date to be announced soon.