STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA (SON)
The STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA (SON) is the apex standardization body in Nigeria.
SON was established by SON Act No. 14, 2015, which repeals the Standards Organisation of Nigeria Act, Cap 59 laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria, 2004, and Enact the STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA Act. 2015 for the purpose of providing additional functions for the organisation, increasing penalty for violation, and for related matters.
This SON Act 2015 , has now replaced the Enabling Act No. 56 of 1971 which has three amendments: (Act No. 20 of 1978, Act No. 32 of 1984 and Act No. 18 of 1990).
- Preparation of standards relating to products, measurements, materials and processes among others, and their promotion at the national, regional and international levels;
- Certification of industrial products;
- Assistance in the production of quality goods;
- Improvement of measurement accuracy and circulation of information relating to standards.
- Advising the Federal Government of Nigeria generally on the national policy on standards;
- Standards specifications;
- Quality control and metrology;
- Designating, establishing and approving standards;
- Determining the overall policy of SON;
- Customer Focus
- Job Type : Full Time
- Qualification OND BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nassarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara